Balwin Properties CEO Steve Brookes is in the C-SUITE
Reporting its results for the year to the end of February 2021 JSE listed property developer Balwin Properties reported strong demand for its lifestyle apartments despite challenging macro economic conditions and the devastating impact of COVID-19.
In this episode of the C-SUITE we chat to Balwin Properties CEO Steve Brookes.
10 Facts About Balwin Properties
- In 1996, CEO and Founder Steven Volker Brookes embarked on his next BIG business venture and purchased Balwin CC.
- The first land purchased was transformed into Balwin’s premier development – IVORY COURT
- Mr Brookes drew much of his inspiration from the brand of his role model, Sir Richard Branson. Thus, the logo of the Virgin brand inspired the Balwin Properties logo.
- The Balwin Properties logo’s GREEN LEAF symbolises natural growth, sustainability, and the companies focus on a healthy future for South Africa.
- On 28 SEPTEMBER 2015, Balwin Properties was enlisted on the JSE.
- The Balwin Properties family continues to grow with over 325 EMPLOYEES.
- The Balwin Foundation was formed on 2 MAY 2017 to positively impact students’ lives by providing scholarships, bursaries, awards, and loans.
- Balwin Properties is the LARGEST SECTIONAL TITLE DEVELOPER in South Africa.
- Balwin Properties plans to be worth R1,000,000,000 by 2025
- Balwin Properties currently has 97 DEVELOPMENTS, with a total of 47 529 APARTMENTS in South Africa.
Source: Balwin Properties Website