The Lie of The Land with Kevin Lings, Chief Economist Stanlib
- SA inflation and interest rate debate – further rate hikes expected.
- SA growth dynamic in final quarter of 2021 – some concerns including impact of electricity outages.
- SA possible 4th wave of Covid and how that might impact SA in Dec/Jan.
- SA rand weakness – a lot to do with dollar strength.
- US appointment of Powell more of the same in US Monetary policy?
- US growth and inflation debate – does this suggest earlier rate hikes?
- What is Turkey doing? And the extreme weakness of their currency
STANLIB is a specialist investment manager, administering over R600 billion in assets under management.
Whether you need to preserve your capital or create wealth in the long term, our teams of investment specialists can help you achieve your goals. We offer a depth of expertise across investment disciplines – from absolute return and fixed income to listed property, balanced, equity and alternatives; spanning active and passive management, single and multi-manager offerings.
Through this wide range of investment capabilities we offer our clients both pooled and segregated investment solutions across a broad choice of traditional and alternative asset classes. With our clients at the centre, our investment teams are developed to deliver outstanding outcomes through the skill, passion and dedication of each team member. Their unique blend of skills, areas of specialisation and perspectives enables us to make better-informed decisions so we can help our clients, both individuals and institutions, achieve their financial goals.
Combined with our teams’ range of specialist skills, their focus on in-depth research and risk mitigation strategies, examining markets from diverse perspectives culminates in consistent long-term investment performance. We are proud of our South African heritage and the legacies of our founders. The size of our organisation allows for the acquisition of advanced systems, databases and research facilities and provides unique investment opportunities while our specialist team structure enables distinct focus on their areas of expertise.
STANLIB Asset Management is an authorised financial services provider.